Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Dog Communion angers Christians

RaptureWatch
Site Owner

Christians across Canada have been angered by an Anglican priest, who offered Holy Communion to a dog accompanying a newcomer in the congregation.

Donald Keith, the owner of the dog 'Trapper', said as he was new to the holy place the vicar personally invited him up to receive his communion.

"The minister welcomed me and said come up and take communion, and Trapper came up with me and the minister gave him communion as well," said Keith, wrote the Telegraph on Monday.

"Then he bent his head and said a little prayer," Keith said.

St. Peter's Anglican Church in Toronto has since been targeted by complaining Christians all over Canada.

"Holy smokes. This is small stuff. I thought it was innocent and it made me think of the blessing of the animals," said Keith.

"This has blown me away. The church is even getting emails from Catholics," he said.

The dog has since been banned from receiving the sacrament which Christians consider as representation of the body and blood of Jesus Christ.

--

1Thessalonians 5:16 -18   Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.   KJV

July 26, 2010 at 7:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TIM

Bless an animal, perhaps. Communion? Pearls before swine. Can it be that Anglican priests not know the seriousness of the communion table! It represents the blood of Christ that hung on a cross for 6 hours in pain and agony the likes of which we can hardly fathom.

I'm sorry to see this incident.

--

Obedience Unto Death

July 26, 2010 at 8:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Diane Grace

I love our dog dearly and God has used him to save my husband's life. However,Furbie will never be offered communion! Even at home. What part of the Body of Christ does any animal fit in? This is absolute blaspheme as far as I see it. Pray for our animals-love them-share our food off our plate?Of course.But to "share" the shed blood and torn Body of our Lord?  May he repent and come to the kowledge of the Truth-JESUS.

July 26, 2010 at 9:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RaptureWatch
Site Owner

The communion table is a time when we remember what Jesus the Christ did for mankind as well as why He did it. A time to reflect on our own thoughts, words and deeds ... a time of confession and receiving forgiveness as we look to the past. It is also a time when we should look forward to the future that the broken body and shed blood purchased. Our eternity. A time when we are together with our Abba, Savior and  family and friends that have gone before us. A time when we can raise our cups together to the Trinity that is our Almighty God that paid the ultimate price in His love for us.

I don't think we can fully understand this act of love so as stated above, giving communion to an animal that has no method of reason or understanding is a disgrace before our creator and savior. A mockery no one should be part of and every born again child of the most high should be repulsed.  Another sign of the days we live in. Blessings.

--

1Thessalonians 5:16 -18   Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.   KJV

July 26, 2010 at 10:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Looking Up

This Anglican priest had clearly forgotten the symbolic nature of the Holy Communion.

--

است یک راه به بهشت وجود دارد. عیسی تنها راه می باشد.

אין דרך אחת לגן עדן. ישוע הוא הדרך  היחידה.

July 26, 2010 at 10:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eternal_Rest

I Believe Christ has nothing to do with these type of church

The holy spirit is no where near that church, if he was this church would not dare

to do this.

They probably don`t even Know what the Holy communion is about

--

1 Corinthians 1

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

July 26, 2010 at 10:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leah

As I just did a little reading on Anglican priests I found that many of them will support same sex unions as long as the Church sanctions them....So are we surprised at the dog receiving communion......

July 27, 2010 at 1:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.