Rapture Watch    

a global end times prophecy resource

Forums

Forum Home > Words of Testimony > Eastern Beach ... nearly a watery grave

RaptureWatch
Site Owner

Eastern Beach, Geelong ... near Melbourne, Australia

I have been talking to one of my friends (a RW site member) in the US and even spoke to her family on Thanksgiving this year. I have shared a few of the amazing ways that Almighty God has moved in my life over the years. As we have had a few testimonies on this site of late ... I thought I would share something that happened to me as a young child. I am not sure how old I was at the time ... Maybe around 4 years of age. I was born in Crown Street, Sydney in 1956 and brought up in Melbourne. 

Eastern beach, Geelong is about an hours drive from Melbourne and was a place that my parents would take us for a special treat a couple of times a year. The beach has a two level board-walk that goes into the water in a semi-circle shape. There where pontoons in the water with slides, barrel rolls and diving boards on the inside of the semi-circle. The semi-circle had bars in the water so that sharks could not enter the area. It was a safe area on the shoreline for swimming.

Around 55 years ago I was walking along the lower level of the board-walk with my dad. My mother, brother and sister had remained on the beach. We stopped at one of the ladders that went down into the water off the boardwalk. My dad told me to wait there while he swam out to the pontoon. He was going to have a dive or a barrel roll ... I am not sure which now. I stood on the board-walk and watched him swim towards the pontoon. I decided that I would swim over to the pontoon also, not thinking that I needed to know how to swim. Well I clearly remember climbing down the ladder (in the photos you will see new steps into the water) that went down into the water. I still vividly remember stepping off the last rung and then sinking down into the water. I was swimming like rock ... straight down. =( 

The next thing I know is that something grabbed the top of my head and lifted me out of the water and onto the "top" level of the board-walk. I looked up and saw the shape of a tall man (I guess everyone is tall when you're 4 years of age) with a brilliant light around him. My very first thought was that I was in a lot of trouble as I looked back towards my dad who was still swimming out to the pontoon. I looked back to the man who lifted me out of the water and there was no one there. He had gone so I looked down the boardwalk towards the shore and he was not there either. He simply disappeared. 

It would have been impossible for someone to reach down into the water from the lower level of the board-walk and lift me by the head out of the water ... but from the top level, it is again ... beyond the bounds of possibility. As I pondered the events of that day over many years I can only draw one conclusion. "Supernatural."

I believe that an angel lifted me from what would have been my watery grave. 

Jeremiah 29:11Amplified Bible (AMP)

11 For I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster to give you a future and a hope.

I will share a few photos of Eastern Beach and the board-walk so that you can see the impossibility of the situation I was in.

--

1Thessalonians 5:16 -18   Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.   KJV

December 19, 2015 at 7:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.