Rapture Watch    

a global end times prophecy resource

Forums

Forum Home > Words of Testimony > Eastern Beach ... nearly a watery grave

RaptureWatch
Site Owner

Eastern Beach, Geelong ... near Melbourne, Australia

I have been talking to one of my friends (a RW site member) in the US and even spoke to her family on Thanksgiving this year. I have shared a few of the amazing ways that Almighty God has moved in my life over the years. As we have had a few testimonies on this site of late ... I thought I would share something that happened to me as a young child. I am not sure how old I was at the time ... Maybe around 4 years of age. I was born in Crown Street, Sydney in 1956 and brought up in Melbourne. 

Eastern beach, Geelong is about an hours drive from Melbourne and was a place that my parents would take us for a special treat a couple of times a year. The beach has a two level board-walk that goes into the water in a semi-circle shape. There where pontoons in the water with slides, barrel rolls and diving boards on the inside of the semi-circle. The semi-circle had bars in the water so that sharks could not enter the area. It was a safe area on the shoreline for swimming.

Around 55 years ago I was walking along the lower level of the board-walk with my dad. My mother, brother and sister had remained on the beach. We stopped at one of the ladders that went down into the water off the boardwalk. My dad told me to wait there while he swam out to the pontoon. He was going to have a dive or a barrel roll ... I am not sure which now. I stood on the board-walk and watched him swim towards the pontoon. I decided that I would swim over to the pontoon also, not thinking that I needed to know how to swim. Well I clearly remember climbing down the ladder (in the photos you will see new steps into the water) that went down into the water. I still vividly remember stepping off the last rung and then sinking down into the water. I was swimming like rock ... straight down. =( 

The next thing I know is that something grabbed the top of my head and lifted me out of the water and onto the "top" level of the board-walk. I looked up and saw the shape of a tall man (I guess everyone is tall when you're 4 years of age) with a brilliant light around him. My very first thought was that I was in a lot of trouble as I looked back towards my dad who was still swimming out to the pontoon. I looked back to the man who lifted me out of the water and there was no one there. He had gone so I looked down the boardwalk towards the shore and he was not there either. He simply disappeared. 

It would have been impossible for someone to reach down into the water from the lower level of the board-walk and lift me by the head out of the water ... but from the top level, it is again ... beyond the bounds of possibility. As I pondered the events of that day over many years I can only draw one conclusion. "Supernatural."

I believe that an angel lifted me from what would have been my watery grave. 

Jeremiah 29:11Amplified Bible (AMP)

11 For I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster to give you a future and a hope.

I will share a few photos of Eastern Beach and the board-walk so that you can see the impossibility of the situation I was in.

You need Adobe Flash Player to view this content.

--

1Thessalonians 5:16 -18   Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.   KJV

December 19, 2015 at 7:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

pmaillet
Administrator

WOW, WHAT a testimony! Your life would have ended that day, but the Lord over-ruled because he had so much for you to do! Praising God for this miracle in your life! 

--

Paula Maillet

December 19, 2015 at 1:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

pmaillet
Administrator

P.S. Love the photos! Gives so clear a picture of all that you described in the testimony!

--

Paula Maillet

December 19, 2015 at 1:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Thomas
Great testimony. God miraculously intervenes so many times in certain people's lives to save them from certain death...... He has a plan for that person further down in his /her life. I also had a drowning accident when I was about 4 or 5.... when I couldn't swim yet. I was on a surfboard (longboard) with my brother and his friend in the sea. It was very calm but the water was brown /dirty... with zero visibility. My brother knew I could not swim and told me to just stay on the board and hold on. I was in the middle, my brother in front and his friend at the back. We were paddling in the water and intended to stay in the shallow water. But as kids do, we lost track of how deep we were paddling out into deep water. Then my brother realised we were too deep and wanted to turn around. A very small wave knocked us from the side and we tipped over. I sank like a rock. I knew as I was sinking that I was busy drowning. The salt water was burning my eyes so I closed them but when your eyes are closed one is still conscious about light. But as I was busy drowning a darkness was closing in all around me. ... like going down a dark tunnel and the light gets less and less..... and as I sank down, deeper to the sea bed I felt the cold water down deep like a vice gripping me..... Then by the slimmest of possibility in that dirty brown water, my brother's friend somehow got hold of just the top of my hair as he was frantically searching for me by diving down and swinging his arms through the water. By then my lungs were filled with water and I was at the point of losing complete consciousness. He pulled me up and with a last shove he pushed me onto the longboard. My chest hit the board hard. ... causing me to gush water from my lungs and mouth. Thinking back many times to that day, I knew I was supposed to drown. .... the odds of someone finding anything in that dirty brown water was near impossible. .... but God made the impossible. ... POSSIBLE. God HAD and HAS a plan for my life. ... and later in life it turned out that God used me to save 2 people on separate occasions from drowning and certain death. God is just awesome at how He works in people's lives.
December 19, 2015 at 2:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

pmaillet
Administrator

WOW, Thomas. Your near-drowning is so similar to Steve's. Looks like the Lord had much for you to do and refused to let you go. Praise God!

--

Paula Maillet

December 21, 2015 at 11:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RaptureWatch
Site Owner

Great testimony Thomas. It is  powerful when we share our testimony with others. Thank you for sharing brother. Blessings.

--

1Thessalonians 5:16 -18   Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.   KJV

May 26, 2016 at 4:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Thomas

It is great for me to share my testimonies of so many things that had happened to me, because in doing so I always give God the glory for it and make Him great - somewhat boastful, if I may say - that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me so much and what He has done and is still doing in my life.

How can anyone not want Him to be their Father, Lord and Saviour ..... and for Him to rescue them from so many trials or situations that sometimes (or many times) just seem completely hopeless?   God is just awesome far above that, which WE can comprehend with our minute little brain or understanding.   We just need to trust in Him and rely on Him - He IS faithful.

All praise to God!!

May 26, 2016 at 7:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

pmaillet
Administrator

I could read this a thousand times and never get tired of it.

--

Paula Maillet

July 5, 2016 at 8:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.