Rapture Watch    

a global end  times prophecy resource

Forums

Forum Home > Israel and The Middle East > Christian Broadcasters' Cameras Trained on Mount of Olives to Capture Christ's Return

RaptureWatch
Site Owner

By Stoyan Zaimov , Christian Post Reporter

Two of America's biggest evangelical Christian broadcasters have stationed cameras on a hill overlooking Jerusalem, ready to cover the return of Jesus Christ from the Mount of Olives as predicted in the Bible, should any such event occur soon.

Texas-based Daystar Television Network was first to install a 24/7 camera from its terrace overlooking the Mount of Olives, and now Costa Mesa-based Trinity Broadcasting Network has bought the building next door, allowing it the same opportunity. The Mount of Olives, a mountain ridge east of Jerusalem, is rooted both in Jewish and Christian traditions, and is where Jesus is said to have preached to his disciples and later ascended to heaven, according to Acts chapter one.

The studios also plan on using their foothold in Jerusalem to teach the message of Jesus to the local Jewish population – and encourage Messianic Jews, who believe Jesus is the Christ, to minister to others.

"The main thing we want to do is help sponsor what we call Messianic Jews, or Jews that have received Jesus Christ as their Messiah," said TBN co-founder Paul Crouch, according to the Los Angeles Times. "We want to do some Hebrew language programs to reach out to Jews and entice them to read the word of God and become what we call a completed Jew."

However, Orthodox Jewish people are said to not take too kindly to their evangelism plans in Jerusalem.

"One of the things I find offensive is that they are bragging about their missionary work," said Ellen Horowitz, research director at Jewish Israel, which tracks and counteracts Christian missionaries in Israel. "They're actually very in-your-face about it."

"Our people have been through the wringer already with either persecution or assimilation," she added. "Now people finally get to a Jewish nation and someone pushes a copy of the New Testament in Hebrew at them. A sensitive line is being crossed."

Christian groups, such as a prayer center that operates near Mt. Zion run by American missionary Rick Ridings, a nephew of Paul Crouch, have argued, however, that Christianity needs more of a voice in Israel.

"Christianity is not represented in Israel as well as it could," Crouch said. "We hope to equalize that and give Christianity a better platform."

--

1Thessalonians 5:16 -18   Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.   KJV

October 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeepman
Administrator

The Bible tells us that when Jesus sets foot on the Mount of Olives, that is the Second Coming (episunagoges). Now we know that the Rapture (harpazo) has to come first for the Church.

So my question to TBN and Daystar would be: If they know their Bible like they claim they do, then why are they looking for the Second Coming before the Rapture, unless they are not looking for the Rapture and expect to be here during the Tribulation? That would mean that they are not part of the Church.

October 12, 2012 at 6:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bobby

just one of many mixed-up interpetetations What about Matt. 13: 39-42?

October 12, 2012 at 6:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RaptureWatch
Site Owner

Gentlemen, So many seem to find it difficult to seperate the second coming and the rapture of the church. Blessings.

Jeepman, great to see you on the forum. =)

--

1Thessalonians 5:16 -18   Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.   KJV

October 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Deborah
Limited Member

I have always thought that TBN was only interested in fame and fortune. I've listened to some of their preachers and don't remember ever hearing any of them teaching thew Rapture. Just  a lot of "in your face" yelling and preforming on the pulpit for cash donations. I am a lot more impressed with Pastor J.D. Farag than by anyone I've heard on TV. Therefore I listen to him often and feel I have learned a lot from his teaching (He doesn't preach, he teaches)

--

JCDFMS

October 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeepman
Administrator

Thank you Stephen! God bless you my friend! :)

October 12, 2012 at 11:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeepman
Administrator

Bobby, you have to remember that the book of Matthew was written to the Jews, not to the church. Most of Israel does not believe that Jesus Christ is the Messiah. Daniel tells us that there are 70 sevens determined for Israel, and only 69 of those sevens have already come to pass. There is a last 7 year period for God to deal with Israel, yet to come. But the Church will not be present for that last 7 year period. Take a look at Jesus' promise to the Church in Revelation 3:10.

October 12, 2012 at 11:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.